1. Did the story hold my interest from the very beginning? If not, why not?
2. Did I get oriented fairly quickly at the beginning as to whose story it is, and where and when it’s taking place? If not, why not?
3. Could I relate to the main character? Did I feel her/his pain or excitement?
4. Did the setting interest me, and did the descriptions seem vivid and real to me?
5. Was there a point at which you felt the story started to lag or I became less than excited about finding out what was going to happen next? Where, exactly?
6. Were there any parts that confused me? Or even frustrated or annoyed me? Which parts, and why?
7. Did I notice any discrepancies or inconsistencies in time sequences, places, character details, or other details?
8. Were the characters believable? Are there any characters I think could be made more interesting or more likeable?
9. Did I get confused about who’s who in the characters? Were there too many characters to keep track of? Too few? Are any of the names or characters too similar?
10. Did the dialogue keep m interest and sound natural to me? If not, whose dialogue did I think sounded artificial or not like that person would speak?
11. Did I feel there was too much description or exposition? Not enough? Maybe too much dialogue in parts?
12. Was there enough conflict, tension, and intrigue to keep me interest?
13. Was the ending satisfying? Believable?
14. Did I notice any obvious, repeating grammatical, spelling, punctuation or capitalization errors? Examples?
15. Do I think the writing style suits the genre? If not, why not?
16. Which parts did I dislike or not like as much, and why?
17 Are there parts where I wanted to skip ahead or put the book down?
18 Which parts resonated with me and/or moved me emotionally?
19 Which parts should be condensed or even deleted?
20 Which parts should be elaborated on or brought more to life?
21 Are there any confusing parts? What confused you?
22 Which characters did I really connect to?
23 Which characters need more development or focus?